Terms and Conditions
By signing this contract you declare that you are over the legal age 18 years and you are one of the legal registered owner of the property at the installation address and your name is on the title deed. All information provided to Can Do Solar are true and correct.
As a home owner you authorize Can Do Solar to lodge application for IES on your behalf and to do any further communication with Network Distributor or relevant parties regarding your solar application.
- Government incentives are designed to encourage a switch to Cleaner, Greener, and sustainable Energy Solutions for life.
- Solar Hot Water Systems attract Renewable Energy Certificates (STC’s).
- Solar Power Systems attract STC’s
- Rebates were always paid directly to you, the customer, by the government, but have been discontinued.
- STC’s are either traded on a Spot Market that can go up or down in value from day to day, or are sold via a governmentlegislated Clearing House at the predetermined price. You have the choice of
i) Keeping your STC entitlements and placing them in the Clearing House yourself, or
ii) Offering them to us in exchange for a discount and accepting whatever value they have at the time of installation. This second choice means that, sometimes, your final NET COST may have been higher or lower than at the day of our quote.
iii) By singing STC form you assign all STC’s generated from your solar system to Can Do Solar in exchange of discount that Can Do Solar has offered and you are liable to pay your out of pocket expense to Can Do Solar.
Solar collector panels require northernly orientation free from shade for optimum performance. Shading particularly affects Solar Power – PV Systems, and can significantly reduce the amount of power produced. It is the customer’s responsibility to perform any action any required to remove any shading. System performance may be different due to many factors such as shading, season, face of panels, location, etc. All savings are discussed are based on assumptions only and may vary depending on actual usage and time of use of electricity at you premises. For Solar system to work at full capacity it needs a perfect angle and perfect direction to be installed however, due to different size, type, pitch and direction of the roof it is always not possible, so Can Do Solar will install a system with what is best available at your premises.
We only refer installs to appropriately licensed and experienced tradespeople. As professionals, they will take every care of your roof. However, accidents can happen. Therefore we particularly draw your attention to the following:
- Decromastic Roofs: Due to the fragile nature of these roofs, we generally recommend against any kind of installation on them. If, however, you choose to proceed, it will be with due care, but at your risk.
- Asbestos Roofs: Many installers are unwilling to work with this risk. Therefore, any quote for installation on such roof is subject to availability of an installer and it will be at customer’s risk.
- Tiled Roofs: In the unlikely event of breaking a tile, an exact colour match may not always be possible. It shall be the owner’s responsibility to supply any necessary replacement tile(s) in this event.
- Tin Roofs : usually these roofs are easiest and best to deal with but sometime due to very old and rusted roofs any damages occurred during installation will be at owners’s risk.
We only disclose your personal information to your Network Provider or relevant parties in order to process the application and to generate STC’s. Because we respect your right to privacy, we do not sell your information to third parties.We may, however contact you in the future regarding other products and services that may be of interest to you.
All product warranties offered are in accordance with the manufacturer of the product. Can Do Solar’s 10 yrs of installation warranty is in conjunction with manufacturer’s warranty.
- Quotes are valid for a period of seven (7) days.
- A deposit of 10% or ($500 minimum) of your Total New Investment is required. Orders are not accepted until the deposit is received.
- A progress Payment of 60% of the balance is due within 10 days of your order.
- The Outstanding Balance is due via Direct Deposit/EFT no later than the day before installation.
- Can Do Solar will retain legal ownership of whatever system(s) are installed until the clear funds for the total amount owing have been received, and reserves the right to enter your property and remove the system(s) in the event if non-payment of any outstanding balance. Any damage done to system during this period will be customer’s responsibility.
- If for whatever reason you decide not to proceed after your order has been accepted by us, we may at our sole discretion refund any part or none of your deposit.
- If you have chosen finance option and finance is not approved it will be customer’s responsibility to organise the payment to Can Do solar in timely manner. If the payment has been delayed Can Do Solar reserves a right to charge you the interest at 18% per annum.
- Failure to pay in full for solar system may result in Can Do Solar taking legal action against owner and will void all warranties. Any expense occurred due to recovery of debt will be passed on to customer.
We assume that you authorise Can Do Solar and its workers or contractors to access the property at all reasonable times in order to perform the necessary work to install and connect your Grid connected PV system.
Meter upgrade if required is not a part of your solar job and therefore, Can Do Solar is not liable for any way for meter upgrade which may be required as per network distributor’s metering manual. we may recommend you suggested upgrade required if any, however it is customer’s responsibility to keep their meter box fully compliant as per their area requirements. Can Do Solar quotes does not include any wire work required from PV inverter to meter box if your meter box is located remotely and if system does not perform due to size or type of cable been used from meter box to the structure where PV system and inverter is installed. Any meter upgrade performed by Can Do solar or any of its workers and contractors will be at customer’s cost and any charges charged by network distributor in order to perform this work will be passed on to the customer.
Can Do Solar acknowledges that under Australian Consumer Law and relevant departments that customer is entitled to a cooling off period of 10 business days – where necessary. We strongly recommend that all notice must be received in writing only by email or post within a cooling off period.
Can Do Solar always uses Clean Energy Council accredited Installers to installs the PV system in the best interest of customer to make sure it works to the best of its ability and makes all efforts to install your system in a timely manner. However its is not always possible as most of the manufacturer’s are overseas and due to many different reasons goods are delayed due to import/Export rules in Australia.
- Any delay in installation are not ground of cancellation of job neither its a ground to claim refund or any type of compensation from Can Do Solar.
- Can Do solar is not liable for any loss or damage due to delayed installation.
- Can Do Solar prefers that any outstanding balance of your PV system must be clear before we start you installation.
- A Home owner must be present at the time of installation to sign any mandatory paperwork
- A home owner must inform installers before the installation starts if they have any preferences about installation of panels or inverters at a specific location, Installers will try their best to work as per customer’s preferences if they however sometimes it becomes non standard installations due to distances or location of meter box or circuit breakers if owner still wants to proceed it may cost extra to the owner depending on a situation.
- A home owner must sign all paperwork may required by governing bodies or Can Do Solar as per the agreement.
- A home owner must co-operate with installers at all time in regards to access to the property.
- A home owner should be aware that as a part of your solar installation we may have to disconnect you from grid for sometime to ensure the safety of our installers.
- You understand that Can Do solar accepts no liability or responsibility for your STC incentives as administered by office of Clean Energy Regulator.
- Once installation is completed and payment received in full by Can Do Solar we passes the ownership to you and from installation onwards it is customers responsibility to make sure you system is covered in your property insurance.
- You understand that Can Do Solar accepts no responsibility for your feed in tariff which can be changed by retailers or any concerning bodies at any time.
- You understand that Can Do Solar accepts no responsibilities of any upgrade require of your meter box or any change in meter Gross/net.
- You understand that Can Do Solar accepts no responsibilities for old and brittle roofs which may be damaged during installations.
- Can Do Solar takes no liability or responsibilities for any work performed by contractors of Can Do Solar. However Can Do Solar will work with you and contractors in order to rectify the damage done.
- Can Do Solar will suggest a size of system as per understanding from your electricity bill and and the questions answered by customer, Can Do Solar takes no responsibilities about size or savings recommended to customers by any of our workers or contractors . Savings suggested may change due to different factors like amount of usage, Time of usage, Bad weather, performance of your system etc. We recommend our customers who have net PV meters should use most of their electricity during sunlight hours and reduce your usage during non sunlight hours in order to get maximum benefits from your solar system.
- If ever your PV system fails or stop working we highly recommend that you can Can Do Solar if you are under warranty or appoint only Clean Energy Council accredited installer to perform any work on your system.
- It is customer’s responsibility to keep your PV system clean and free from any debris which may have gathered from nearby sites like trees, Construction site, farming site. Not keeping your system and panels clean may result in making your panels faulty and be not covered under your warranty. Can Do Solar highly recommend good clean atleast twice a year to have your system working at full ability.
- Can Do Solar accepts no responsibilities of acceptance of approval of your size of system by your Network Distributor, due to restricted infrastructure of Network Distributor in some areas Network Distributor comes with special conditions which must be followed in order to proceed with installation, any expenses as a result will be a responsibility of customer.
- All Terms and conditions are subject to change without any notice.
I had asbestos roof and no company would touch it – Can do Solar team has done excellent job at very competitive price.
Can Do Solar has installed 25KW system on our business and we have been very happy with results. We have no hesitation in recommending Can Do Solar to anyone.
If Can Do Solar would not have contacted us we would not have bought solar system ever, Can Do Solar has explained us so much in detail and we made up our mind straight away. We are very happy with Can Do Solar.
We were thinking of solar for quite a while, we had presentation from Can Do Solar and realised straight away that we are in good hands.
I work so many hours in a week Mon-Sat, Can Do Solar has arranged a special appointment for us on sunday and given us very good deal. we are very happy and would be more than happy to refer my known people to Can Do Solar.
We have installed 160 Solar panels and its giving us such a great return – We were so confused about solar as our friends and family had different opinions about solar but after installing this system we think we made one of the best decision in our life and we have learnt quality is the key. We thanks to Ron for giving us such professional service.
Can Do Solar has offered us a good quality product at a right price and such a good explanation about how to maximise the benefits from solar, Apart from having cheaper quotation from another company we chose to go with them due to their service and quality of products.
Can Do Solar has visited us and explained us about our benefits of installing solar system and she has been patient enough with us. We are so happy now.
We are in our 70’s, Mike has visited us after making pre-apointment at our suitability and I can’t explain how good he has been with us and explained us throughly. We have sent 2 page letter to Can Do Solar Management for the service that we have received from sales person and Installers.
I have been very happy with Can Do Solar and i would strongly recommend this to everyone out their.